Lets look at the Real Estate Sales Rental Trends in Bahrain
According to the most recent forecasts, the Bahrain luxury residential market is expected to expand by 5 percent every year for the next decade.
The ongoing effects of COVID-19 continue to significantly impact the real estate industry. However, there has also been an increase in sales and rentals during these challenging times – as consumers and homeowners are still able to afford to buy properties at lower prices, and renters are encouraged to stay where they live, thanks to reduced rents. Rents have dropped even further across the board than sale prices, making buying a new property less expensive than renting, especially when you include the cost of utilities.
As Bahrain continues to experience rising commercial development, there has been an increase in the number of new luxury residential developments being launched each year.
Real Estate Market Trends in Bahrain: How COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Due to the coronaviruses’ impact on travel and tourism, the global economy has been experiencing unprecedented uncertainties. With the world grappling with the economic ramifications of the virus, there was a significant decrease in the numbers of people traveling abroad, which resulted in less demand for property. Coupled with the fact that most countries were under lockdown, this led the market to experience a sharp downturn.
Despite the negative impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, there are signs of recovery. In particular, the middle east region has been showing a lot of resiliency during the pandemic.
Real Estate Market Trends in Bahrain: What do data and statistics say about Bahrain Real Estate Market?
In terms of capital values, high-end villas face the steepest drop with a year-on-year price drop of 8.3 percent while mid-end villas decreased the least by 0.5 percent for the same period.
Thanks to the ease with which business can be conducted in Bahrain, the real estate market will continue to present opportunities for investors across the globe as the government offers 100% foreign ownership to investors and expatriates in the Kingdom.
Further we move ahead with Real Estate Market Trends in Bahrain.With pandemic restrictions lifted, CBRE takes a look at Bahrain’s real estate performance in the first half of the year.
“We have recorded occupier demand for greater incentives in acquiring new workspace, such as extended rent-free periods, although leading landmark properties are maintaining headline rents overall,” said Heather Longden, Director – Advisory & Transactions, at CBRE in Bahrain.
Longden’s comment comes after it was revealed that visitation to workplaces exceeded pre-pandemic baseline, climbing to 4.8% in March. Average rental rates across Grade A and B space remained stable in Q1 2022, as compared with Q4 2021, at BD5.25 per sqm per month, although transactional activity in the sector has been muted through the start of the year, reveals CBRE.
CBRE revealed that residential in Q1 2022 apartment sales rates increased by 2.3% compared to 2021, reflecting the first positive rate variation in recent years.
Average quoted apartment sales rates sat at BD878 per square metre for two-bedroom mid-to-high end properties across Bahrain, compared to BD831 in 2021.
“It should be noted that recently launched prime properties, including within Diyar Al Muharraq, have driven up average quoted sales rates. Average mid-to-high end apartment rental prices in Bahrain continued to decline between Q4 and Q1, falling by up to 12% QoQ for two-bedroom apartments, with the lowest change seen in three-bedroom apartments configurations. There continues to be growth in supply of apartment product across the Kingdom, and with subdued population growth it is anticipated that there will be further downward pressure on rents,” CBRE notes.
Looking at retail, CBRE reveals that Bahrain’s retail and recreation sector visitation witnessed a dip at the start of Q1 2022 compared to Q4 2021. “Branded retail occupiers, particularly in the fast food and convenience segments, are continuing to pursue expansion strategies. Drive-thru concepts remain popular to meet the expectations of customers. Successful neighbourhood and community developments are demonstrating the case for a balanced tenant mix that offers retail, F&B and community services,” says the consultant.
- Guide to choosing the best housing for Rent in Bahrain:Things I need to know before I rent a place for living in Bahrain(mypropertypedia.com)
- 6 Bulletproof Ways to Identify an Overpriced Home – While looking for a new home, it is always important to look out for these 6 signs to determine whether or not you’ve stumbled upon an overpriced home. (weetas.com)
- Housing Service Center (navymwrbahrain.com)
- 5 Steps To Rent an Apartment in Bahrain – مدونة سكن – Need to rent an apartment in Bahrain, take a deep breath and read these 5 steps to help you out to get what you want. All information (blog.sakan.co)
- Commercial Real Estate Property Listings for Rent or Sale | CBRE – A true global presence leads to in-depth local knowledge. With offices in 100 countries, we have solutions for any real estate challenge. (cbre.com)
- How Microeconomics Affects Everyday Life: Renting an Apartment – Here’s a look into the importance of microeconomics and how individuals use this theory in the case of leasing an apartment from a landlord. (investopedia.com)
- How to find the best flats for rent in Amwaj – Quora – Amwaj Islands is one of the best places to live in Bahrain. One can find the best flats in Ariva either through a Leasing agent, searching for apartments on … (quora.com)
- Roomless: houses and rooms for medium-long term rental – Rent directly online with Roomless, the safe and simple platform for those looking for a house for rent. (roomlessrent.com)
- Breaking a Lease | The Maryland People’s Law Library (peoples-law.org)
- Bahrain Apartments & Vacation Rentals from $35 – Click here and compare 3,150 vacation rentals from 6 providers in Bahrain! ✓ Find deals & save up to 40% with HomeToGo. (hometogo.com)
- 24 ways to save money on renting – Save the Student – Tips for renters looking to save money, including how to haggle on rent, how to get a break clause in your tenancy agreement and more. (savethestudent.org)
- Apartments for rent in Bahrain – 10775 Flats in Bahrain | propertyfinder.bh – Flats & Apartments for rent in Bahrain on propertyfinder.bh✓ Short term & Long term✓ Furnished & Unfurnished✓ 10775 Verified Listings✓ (propertyfinder.bh)
- Cost of Living in Bahrain – Average prices of more than 40 products and services in Bahrain. Prices of restaurants, food, transportation, utilities, and housing are included. (numbeo.com)
- 4 Ways To Find Accommodation In A New City – My Baggage Blog – Moving to a new city can be both exciting and frightening at the same time. A new culture, a new language, a new environment; it’s something to look forward to. Before you finish up your packing and say your final, tear-inducing goodbyes to your family. (mybaggage.com)
Pingback:Guide to choosing the best housing for Rent in Bahrain - Mypropertypedia.com
Pingback:The housing recession throws opportunities to homeowners, buyers, and sellers - Mypropertypedia.com
Pingback:Ways to rent Flats in Bahrain Ways to rent Flats in Bahrain